CHS Fellowships with AUTH’s Department of Classics 2019 | Apply Now!
|January 9, 2019||Posted by Moderator under CHS Greece Programs & Events|
Harvard University’s Center for Hellenic Studies and Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, School of Philology are pleased to offer jointly up to three Fellowships to PhD holders and PhD students from AUTH’s Department of Classics. The duration of each Fellowship will be 12 months during which the Fellow will complete a semester-long research project in English. The application deadline is February 17, 2019.
The Fellowships aim to attract applicants with an academic background strongly related to the discipline of Ancient Greek literature and language. The proposed research may concern any aspect of Ancient Greek Culture approached through any discipline including, but not limited to, anthropology, archaeology, art history, education, history, literary criticism, philology, philosophy, political science, religious studies, sociology, as well as related subfields.
The Fellowship includes:
- Year-long appointment as CHS-AUTH Fellow in Hellenic Studies.
- Year-long access to Harvard University’s online databases and resources and to AUTH’s library system.
- A week-long educational trip to CHS in Washington DC.
- Invitation to pre-publish the outcomes of their research in one of CHS E-Journals.
- Invitation to attend the annual CHS-International Olympic Academy Scholars Symposium in Ancient Olympia in July.
- Organization of events in order the Fellows to present their research.
A seven-member Selection and Academic Advisory Committee evaluates the applications, selects the Fellows and supports their research by providing them academic assistance and advice in their work.
For additional information, and required documentation, please visit the CHS dedicated webpage.
For questions, please contact Evangelos Katsarelis, CHS GR Programs and Events Manager, via telephone (+30 27520 47030 ext. 2, Nafplio, Greece) and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org.